- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
Republican National Hispanic Assembly, Illinois Chapter holds state convention
From press release
Saturday, Feb. 5, the Illinois Chapter of the Republican National Hispanic Assembly (RNHA) held its Biennial State Convention in Dixon, Ill. The RNHA IL was proud to honor President Ronald Reagan on his 100th birthday by having the convention in Dixon.
Professional Certified Parliamentarian Nancy Sylvester (MA, PRP, CPP-T), was approved by the RNHA IL Executive Committee to preside over the convention. As an expert, trainer and author on parliamentary procedure, Sylvester was an excellent independent choice to facilitate the Convention.
The mission of the Republican National Hispanic Assembly is to build a membership organization to foster the principles of the Republican Party in the Hispanic community; provide Hispanic Americans with a forum to play an influential role in local, state and national party activities; increase the number of Hispanic Republican elected officials; and create and maintain a network of Hispanic Republican leaders.
Election of officers
State Chairman Rafael Rivadaneira was re-elected chairman of the RNHA IL for a two-year term by a majority of the credentialed delegates. He pledged to always stand up for his beliefs because it was one of the reasons his parents fled Cuba and the Castro regime to come to America, where they were free to express their beliefs. He looks forward to continuing to grow the RNHA IL membership and county chapters during his term and working toward contributing to the success of the Republican Party across all of Illinois.
Winnebago County Board member and RNHA Winnebago County Chapter Chairman John Guevara was elected vice-chairman, Olga Pereira was elected second vice-chairman, Jose Jorge was elected treasurer, Penny Falcon was elected secretary, Kevin Schoonamaker was elected assistant treasurer, RNHA Central Illinois Chapter Chairman Martina Pereira was elected assistant secretary, Southern Illinois Chapter Chairwoman Gloria Campos was re-elected national committeewoman, and G.G. Garcia was elected national committeeman.
National Committeewoman and Secretary of the Republican National Committee (RNC) Demetra DeMonte delivered a stirring address calling for Republicans to come together and help Americans realize how truly great America is and how much more it can be a “shining city on a hill.”