- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
Rockford lands two high-profile amateur tournaments
From press release
The Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau will join the Rockford Park District and other partners Feb. 17 at Sportscore One to announce two high-profile tournaments coming to the Rockford region this summer. The events will bring national attention from the amateur sporting world.
Winnebago County Board Chairman Scott Christiansen (R), event organizers and local players will be present at the announcement.
The two events will bring more than 2,600 players, coaches, umpires and fans from around the country. They will fill an estimated 2,560 hotel room nights and generate an estimated $460,800 for area businesses.
The Rockford region beat out several other cities around the country to host these tournaments, including Kissimmee, Fla., near Disney World.