- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Rockford lands two high-profile amateur tournaments
From press release
The Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau will join the Rockford Park District and other partners Feb. 17 at Sportscore One to announce two high-profile tournaments coming to the Rockford region this summer. The events will bring national attention from the amateur sporting world.
Winnebago County Board Chairman Scott Christiansen (R), event organizers and local players will be present at the announcement.
The two events will bring more than 2,600 players, coaches, umpires and fans from around the country. They will fill an estimated 2,560 hotel room nights and generate an estimated $460,800 for area businesses.
The Rockford region beat out several other cities around the country to host these tournaments, including Kissimmee, Fla., near Disney World.