- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Rockford lands two high-profile amateur tournaments
From press release
The Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau will join the Rockford Park District and other partners Feb. 17 at Sportscore One to announce two high-profile tournaments coming to the Rockford region this summer. The events will bring national attention from the amateur sporting world.
Winnebago County Board Chairman Scott Christiansen (R), event organizers and local players will be present at the announcement.
The two events will bring more than 2,600 players, coaches, umpires and fans from around the country. They will fill an estimated 2,560 hotel room nights and generate an estimated $460,800 for area businesses.
The Rockford region beat out several other cities around the country to host these tournaments, including Kissimmee, Fla., near Disney World.