- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
Rockford lands two high-profile amateur tournaments
From press release
The Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau will join the Rockford Park District and other partners Feb. 17 at Sportscore One to announce two high-profile tournaments coming to the Rockford region this summer. The events will bring national attention from the amateur sporting world.
Winnebago County Board Chairman Scott Christiansen (R), event organizers and local players will be present at the announcement.
The two events will bring more than 2,600 players, coaches, umpires and fans from around the country. They will fill an estimated 2,560 hotel room nights and generate an estimated $460,800 for area businesses.
The Rockford region beat out several other cities around the country to host these tournaments, including Kissimmee, Fla., near Disney World.