- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Rockford lands two high-profile amateur tournaments
From press release
The Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau will join the Rockford Park District and other partners Feb. 17 at Sportscore One to announce two high-profile tournaments coming to the Rockford region this summer. The events will bring national attention from the amateur sporting world.
Winnebago County Board Chairman Scott Christiansen (R), event organizers and local players will be present at the announcement.
The two events will bring more than 2,600 players, coaches, umpires and fans from around the country. They will fill an estimated 2,560 hotel room nights and generate an estimated $460,800 for area businesses.
The Rockford region beat out several other cities around the country to host these tournaments, including Kissimmee, Fla., near Disney World.