- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
- Pet Talk: Healthy pets make for a happy holiday
- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
To the Editor: Thanks to those who supported One for Books campaign
On behalf of Dennis Early Childhood’s PTO, I want to express deep gratitude to everyone who donated money for our One for Books campaign. Thanks to the generosity of members of the community, many of our children were able to shop at the book fair and pick out their own books! Thank you to those who donated in the boxes put up in the community, to the businesses who let us put out the boxes, and to the private donations sent to the school. Unfortunately, two of the addresses of these donors were lost, and a proper thank you cannot be sent. Hopefully, these two individuals will read this and know how appreciated their generous donations were. I had the pleasure of watching the children pick out the books, and I can say with certainty that it meant a lot to these kids. Thank you again.
Dennis School Book Fair Committee