- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Youth in Science regional competition Feb. 11 at RVC Stenstrom Center
From press release
Top students from 12 area high schools will compete in the 2011 Worldwide Youth in Science and Engineering (WYSE) Academic Challenge regional competition from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday, Feb. 11, at the Rock Valley College (RVC) Stenstrom Center for Career Education, 4151 Samuelson Road, next to Jefferson High School.
The competition is hosted by RVC and organized by WYSE of Urbana, Ill. The event is partially supported by the University of Illinois, College of Engineering. Eric Sorensen, chief meteorologist at WREX-13 News, will be the guest speaker.