- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Youth in Science regional competition Feb. 11 at RVC Stenstrom Center
From press release
Top students from 12 area high schools will compete in the 2011 Worldwide Youth in Science and Engineering (WYSE) Academic Challenge regional competition from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday, Feb. 11, at the Rock Valley College (RVC) Stenstrom Center for Career Education, 4151 Samuelson Road, next to Jefferson High School.
The competition is hosted by RVC and organized by WYSE of Urbana, Ill. The event is partially supported by the University of Illinois, College of Engineering. Eric Sorensen, chief meteorologist at WREX-13 News, will be the guest speaker.