- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Youth in Science regional competition Feb. 11 at RVC Stenstrom Center
From press release
Top students from 12 area high schools will compete in the 2011 Worldwide Youth in Science and Engineering (WYSE) Academic Challenge regional competition from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday, Feb. 11, at the Rock Valley College (RVC) Stenstrom Center for Career Education, 4151 Samuelson Road, next to Jefferson High School.
The competition is hosted by RVC and organized by WYSE of Urbana, Ill. The event is partially supported by the University of Illinois, College of Engineering. Eric Sorensen, chief meteorologist at WREX-13 News, will be the guest speaker.