- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Youth in Science regional competition Feb. 11 at RVC Stenstrom Center
From press release
Top students from 12 area high schools will compete in the 2011 Worldwide Youth in Science and Engineering (WYSE) Academic Challenge regional competition from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday, Feb. 11, at the Rock Valley College (RVC) Stenstrom Center for Career Education, 4151 Samuelson Road, next to Jefferson High School.
The competition is hosted by RVC and organized by WYSE of Urbana, Ill. The event is partially supported by the University of Illinois, College of Engineering. Eric Sorensen, chief meteorologist at WREX-13 News, will be the guest speaker.