- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
Youth in Science regional competition Feb. 11 at RVC Stenstrom Center
From press release
Top students from 12 area high schools will compete in the 2011 Worldwide Youth in Science and Engineering (WYSE) Academic Challenge regional competition from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday, Feb. 11, at the Rock Valley College (RVC) Stenstrom Center for Career Education, 4151 Samuelson Road, next to Jefferson High School.
The competition is hosted by RVC and organized by WYSE of Urbana, Ill. The event is partially supported by the University of Illinois, College of Engineering. Eric Sorensen, chief meteorologist at WREX-13 News, will be the guest speaker.