- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Community news and notes: Week of Feb. 16-21
Angela Burkhart, account administrator in the Commercial Lines Department at Spectrum Insurance Agency, was named Employee of the Year for 2010. She was recognized for professionalism, productivity and commitment to prompt, efficient customer service. … The board of directors of Milestone Inc. unanimously voted to name Milestone founder James Hamilton as director emeritus for his dedicated work serving individuals there for more than 37 years. Judd Gastel of Mechanical Inc. joined the board as a newly-elected director. Milestone provides educational, vocational and residential services to adults with developmental disabilities. Its facilities include group homes, a specialized care residential facility, a child care facility, a sheltered workshop, a training center and a dental clinic. … Eric Pearson received the Gerald S. Broski Employee of the Year Award from Entre Computer Solutions. He was honored for exemplary work as a project management coordinator, a new position started this year at Entre. Pearson took the initiative to develop the position to help Entre keep on top of projects and streamline processes and to make projects run efficiently. His peers voted for him to receive the award.
From the Feb. 16-21, 2011, issue