- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
On Real Estate: Rockford agents receive top honors, foreclosures down from last year
By Jim Hagerty
Two Rockford real estate agents were honored by the Rockford Area Realtors (RAR) Association for their accomplishments last week.
Bob Nieman of RE/MAX Property Source was presented with the Realtor Emeritus for his longtime service in the industry, while Prudential Crosby Starck Realtor A.J. Kordash was named 2010’s Outstanding Individual of the Year.
Kordash is a lifelong Rockford resident and a graduate of Rock Valley College. As a Realtor, he’s a member of the National Association of Realtors, Illinois Association of Realtors, has served on the RAR board and was co-chairman of the association’s political action committee.
Nieman is a Rockford native who earned a master’s of business administration from Northern Illinois University after serving as a 1st Lieutenant in the United States Air Force. He began his real estate career in the early 1970s, and has run sales teams and owned his own company. In his 40-year career, Nieman has specialized in commercial and industrial listings, farms, land and residential properties.
Nieman and Kordash were presented with their awards by past presidents of the association, who selected them for their high level of commitment to community events and moving the Rockford real estate market and the association forward.
Nieman can be reached at (815) 229-3530. Kordash can be reached at (815) 519-1644.
Foreclosure rates down from last year, Illinois still ranks in top 10
According to RealtyTrac’s monthly Foreclosure Market Report, foreclosure filings increased by 1 percent in January, compared to numbers reported in December 2010. Foreclosure filings were attached to 261,333 U.S. properties last month, down 17 percent from January 2010. The total indicates that one in approximately 500 homes with mortgages on them went into foreclosure over the 12 months.
Statewide, 13,164 filings were included in the national total, ranking Illinois among the top 10 states with the highest foreclosure rates. Completing the list were Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Michigan, New Jersey and Utah.