- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
OSF Saint Anthony Community Health Program provides Heart Disease 2011 update
From press release
“What’s New, What’s Hot, What’s Not: Heart Disease 2011” is the title of the free OSF Saint Anthony Community Health Program to be offered Tuesday, Feb. 22, in the atrium at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center.
The event begins at 5 p.m. with free cholesterol, glucose and blood pressure screenings. Participants may have their Body Mass Index (BMI) calculated if they wish. Information will also be offered on OSF health fitness programs and classes, diabetes, advance directives and palliative care.
The presentation will begin at 6 p.m., followed by a question-and-answer session.
Dr. Jan Skowronski, cardiologist affiliated with Rockford Cardiovascular Associates, will discuss new recommendations for preventing heart disease and the latest research on treating cardiac problems.
Treatment options—including medical choices such as medications and lifestyle changes, and interventional options such as cardiac procedures—will be explored during the program.
Light refreshments will be served. The program is free, but reservations are requested by calling (815) 395-5493.
The OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center website is www.osfsaintanthony.org.