- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
OSF Saint Anthony Community Health Program provides Heart Disease 2011 update
From press release
“What’s New, What’s Hot, What’s Not: Heart Disease 2011” is the title of the free OSF Saint Anthony Community Health Program to be offered Tuesday, Feb. 22, in the atrium at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center.
The event begins at 5 p.m. with free cholesterol, glucose and blood pressure screenings. Participants may have their Body Mass Index (BMI) calculated if they wish. Information will also be offered on OSF health fitness programs and classes, diabetes, advance directives and palliative care.
The presentation will begin at 6 p.m., followed by a question-and-answer session.
Dr. Jan Skowronski, cardiologist affiliated with Rockford Cardiovascular Associates, will discuss new recommendations for preventing heart disease and the latest research on treating cardiac problems.
Treatment options—including medical choices such as medications and lifestyle changes, and interventional options such as cardiac procedures—will be explored during the program.
Light refreshments will be served. The program is free, but reservations are requested by calling (815) 395-5493.
The OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center website is www.osfsaintanthony.org.