- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
OSF Saint Anthony Community Health Program provides Heart Disease 2011 update
From press release
“What’s New, What’s Hot, What’s Not: Heart Disease 2011” is the title of the free OSF Saint Anthony Community Health Program to be offered Tuesday, Feb. 22, in the atrium at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center.
The event begins at 5 p.m. with free cholesterol, glucose and blood pressure screenings. Participants may have their Body Mass Index (BMI) calculated if they wish. Information will also be offered on OSF health fitness programs and classes, diabetes, advance directives and palliative care.
The presentation will begin at 6 p.m., followed by a question-and-answer session.
Dr. Jan Skowronski, cardiologist affiliated with Rockford Cardiovascular Associates, will discuss new recommendations for preventing heart disease and the latest research on treating cardiac problems.
Treatment options—including medical choices such as medications and lifestyle changes, and interventional options such as cardiac procedures—will be explored during the program.
Light refreshments will be served. The program is free, but reservations are requested by calling (815) 395-5493.
The OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center website is www.osfsaintanthony.org.