- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
OSF Saint Anthony Community Health Program provides Heart Disease 2011 update
From press release
“What’s New, What’s Hot, What’s Not: Heart Disease 2011” is the title of the free OSF Saint Anthony Community Health Program to be offered Tuesday, Feb. 22, in the atrium at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center.
The event begins at 5 p.m. with free cholesterol, glucose and blood pressure screenings. Participants may have their Body Mass Index (BMI) calculated if they wish. Information will also be offered on OSF health fitness programs and classes, diabetes, advance directives and palliative care.
The presentation will begin at 6 p.m., followed by a question-and-answer session.
Dr. Jan Skowronski, cardiologist affiliated with Rockford Cardiovascular Associates, will discuss new recommendations for preventing heart disease and the latest research on treating cardiac problems.
Treatment options—including medical choices such as medications and lifestyle changes, and interventional options such as cardiac procedures—will be explored during the program.
Light refreshments will be served. The program is free, but reservations are requested by calling (815) 395-5493.
The OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center website is www.osfsaintanthony.org.