- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
Student art inspired by Embry-Riddle
From press release
More than 200 pieces of art created by local students will be on display at Chicago Rockford International Airport through Feb. 25. The students made the art last fall in the effort to attract Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s third residential campus to Rockford.
Students of all ages were asked by the Rockford Area Arts Council to submit drawings and other artwork about what they thought about an Embry-Riddle campus in Rockford. Students from nine local schools and educational programs responded.
The art will be on display in the observation court at the back of the airport terminal, 2 Airport Circle.