- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
Student art inspired by Embry-Riddle
From press release
More than 200 pieces of art created by local students will be on display at Chicago Rockford International Airport through Feb. 25. The students made the art last fall in the effort to attract Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s third residential campus to Rockford.
Students of all ages were asked by the Rockford Area Arts Council to submit drawings and other artwork about what they thought about an Embry-Riddle campus in Rockford. Students from nine local schools and educational programs responded.
The art will be on display in the observation court at the back of the airport terminal, 2 Airport Circle.