- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
Student art inspired by Embry-Riddle
From press release
More than 200 pieces of art created by local students will be on display at Chicago Rockford International Airport through Feb. 25. The students made the art last fall in the effort to attract Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s third residential campus to Rockford.
Students of all ages were asked by the Rockford Area Arts Council to submit drawings and other artwork about what they thought about an Embry-Riddle campus in Rockford. Students from nine local schools and educational programs responded.
The art will be on display in the observation court at the back of the airport terminal, 2 Airport Circle.