- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
- ABC Supply acquires Siding World
Student art inspired by Embry-Riddle
From press release
More than 200 pieces of art created by local students will be on display at Chicago Rockford International Airport through Feb. 25. The students made the art last fall in the effort to attract Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s third residential campus to Rockford.
Students of all ages were asked by the Rockford Area Arts Council to submit drawings and other artwork about what they thought about an Embry-Riddle campus in Rockford. Students from nine local schools and educational programs responded.
The art will be on display in the observation court at the back of the airport terminal, 2 Airport Circle.