- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
To the Editor: FBI still assaults nonviolent leaders like Dr. King
As we remember Martin Luther King Jr., we should also remember who failed to protect him from assassination on April 4, 1968. Dr. King would likely still be alive today had the FBI done their duty to protect him, instead of assault him with wiretaps, covert surveillance and hundreds of pages of documents about him that they gathered.
Imagine how much better our world would be if Dr. King had not been shot, and his movement for justice and peace and to end the war in Vietnam had continued with his powerful leadership.
Today, the FBI is assaulting nonviolent leaders like Dr. King with brain implants done against their will, to put them into mental institutions. I have this well documented at www.brainimplant.info.
The FBI is also breaking into homes on a daily basis to conduct searches against people’s will and without a court warrant. They also are putting GPS tracking devices on people’s cars without their permission or a court order (see www.repealthepatriotact.org).
With hundreds of thousands of documents and numerous covert surveillance operations done on Dr. King, why could the FBI have not worked on protecting the great civil rights leader, rather than assaulting him?
I propose the repeal of the Patriot Act (which is already unconstitutional) and the complete rebuilding of the intelligence community from the ground up, with transparency and public involvement at all possible levels and a powerful civil liberties review of ALL activities. The FBI was founded on tyranny and oppression, with its creator, J. Edgar Hoover, being a known terrorist. The entire agency needs to be eliminated, or we will all end up with brain implants and be marched to a Nazi war.
Being an author and scholar of Dr. Martin Luther King, I believe he would demand a massive reform and imprisonment of the terrorists in the police state that the United States has become. It is a police state that failed to protect him from harm, despite the massive number of death threats that he received, if they were not the ones who killed him.