- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
True-look cedar roofing delivers style with minimized fire risk
Courtesy of ARA Content
The roof is one of the most critical ways a family can protect the investment and comfort of a cherished home. Innovative composite technology is delivering the best of all worlds: beauty, durability, sustainability and maintenance-free living.
For those who love the traditional charm of shake roofing, today’s innovations mean the era of compromise is over. The natural elegance of shake roofing has historically come at high cost from recurring maintenance and high risk of decay, and worse, fire.
Now, InSpire Roofing Products’ Cedar Shake is changing the concept of shake roof architecture. Carrying a limited lifetime warranty, it combines optimum fire protection with no maintenance being required.
The InSpire Cedar Shake Roofing System carries a Class A fire rating—the highest level—meaning it’s tested in accordance with Underwriters Laboratories’ “severe” fire exposure testing. In comparison, much wood shake roofing carries no fire rating at all.
“Even with commitment to a great-looking home, homeowners attracted to shake style can’t undo the effects of weather and time on wood,” says Jonathan Wierengo, director of marketing for The Tapco Group, maker of InSpire.
Underlying the shakes’ authentic beauty, the innovative mineral-filled polyolefin composition handles beastly weather; fierce wind-driven rain, class four hail impact, sea-spray and 110 mph winds. By exactly mirroring nature’s texture, InSpire Cedar Shake produces deep dimension, long wood grain striations and wondrous interplays of light and shadow. Its InFlex cambered design means fasteners hold the shakes snugly to the roof. Locking tabs provide easy installation and also protect against wind-driven rain, preventing water penetration for a structurally-sound roof. Durability also makes it the sustainable cedar alternative. Tiles are 100 percent recyclable, can be reused, and never have to be replaced with new material.
InSpire Roofing Products is a division of The Tapco Group, a U.S. Green Building Council member. For more information, call (800) 971-4148 or visit InSpireRoofing.com.