- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Cory Chisel, Kelly Steward entertain at Kryptonite
Cory Chisel and the Wandering Sons (top photo), Kelly Steward (right photo) and Steepwater Band (not pictured) performed at Kryptonite Saturday, Feb. 19. The Wandering Sons, an Americana/folk-rock band founded in Appleton, Wis., consists of Chisel and Adriel Harris. Past members include Rick Setzer, Paul Mannone, Miles Nielsen, Dan McMahon, Adam Plamann, Noah Harris and Charles Koltak. Chisel was named the “Artist of the Year” at the 2010 Wisconsin Area Music Industry Awards, and the group’s song “Born Again,” off their 2009 album Death Won’t Send a Letter, was named the “Record of the Year.” Steward is a classic singer-songwriter in the vein of Emmylou Harris, Shelby Lynne, Tift Merritt and Kelly Willis. Upcoming shows at Kryptonite include 500 Miles to Memphis with Whiskey Train Friday, Feb. 25, and Cylinder 6, Saturday, Feb. 26. Visit kryptonitebar.com for details.
From the Feb. 23-March 1, 2011, issue