- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Cory Chisel, Kelly Steward entertain at Kryptonite
Cory Chisel and the Wandering Sons (top photo), Kelly Steward (right photo) and Steepwater Band (not pictured) performed at Kryptonite Saturday, Feb. 19. The Wandering Sons, an Americana/folk-rock band founded in Appleton, Wis., consists of Chisel and Adriel Harris. Past members include Rick Setzer, Paul Mannone, Miles Nielsen, Dan McMahon, Adam Plamann, Noah Harris and Charles Koltak. Chisel was named the “Artist of the Year” at the 2010 Wisconsin Area Music Industry Awards, and the group’s song “Born Again,” off their 2009 album Death Won’t Send a Letter, was named the “Record of the Year.” Steward is a classic singer-songwriter in the vein of Emmylou Harris, Shelby Lynne, Tift Merritt and Kelly Willis. Upcoming shows at Kryptonite include 500 Miles to Memphis with Whiskey Train Friday, Feb. 25, and Cylinder 6, Saturday, Feb. 26. Visit kryptonitebar.com for details.
From the Feb. 23-March 1, 2011, issue