- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Educational gold mine
Concordia Lutheran School in Machesney Park has one of the greatest reputations in the area for educational excellence. This small private school educates students from Pre-K through eighth grade. Concordia filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection last year due to a bad economy and a declining enrollment. Concordia’s leadership has since worked to balance its budget accordingly. Concordia amazingly reorganized without affecting its great tradition of excellent education. They put the children’s educational well-being first and restructured around them. As Concordia emerges from this delicate process, it has positioned itself to grow, and on March 12, 2011, from 1 to 4 p.m., they are having an Open House to showcase the facility and staff. If you are considering a private school education for your child, I can tell you there is no comparison. My son has attended Concordia since Pre-K. He is now in fourth grade, and he is getting a top-notch education. ALL of his teachers have been outstanding. They care about each and every student, and they create the optimum learning environment. Do yourself and your child a favor and go to the Open House and find out for yourself.
From the Feb. 23-March 1, 2011, issue