- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
Educational gold mine
Concordia Lutheran School in Machesney Park has one of the greatest reputations in the area for educational excellence. This small private school educates students from Pre-K through eighth grade. Concordia filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection last year due to a bad economy and a declining enrollment. Concordia’s leadership has since worked to balance its budget accordingly. Concordia amazingly reorganized without affecting its great tradition of excellent education. They put the children’s educational well-being first and restructured around them. As Concordia emerges from this delicate process, it has positioned itself to grow, and on March 12, 2011, from 1 to 4 p.m., they are having an Open House to showcase the facility and staff. If you are considering a private school education for your child, I can tell you there is no comparison. My son has attended Concordia since Pre-K. He is now in fourth grade, and he is getting a top-notch education. ALL of his teachers have been outstanding. They care about each and every student, and they create the optimum learning environment. Do yourself and your child a favor and go to the Open House and find out for yourself.
From the Feb. 23-March 1, 2011, issue