- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Educational gold mine
Concordia Lutheran School in Machesney Park has one of the greatest reputations in the area for educational excellence. This small private school educates students from Pre-K through eighth grade. Concordia filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection last year due to a bad economy and a declining enrollment. Concordia’s leadership has since worked to balance its budget accordingly. Concordia amazingly reorganized without affecting its great tradition of excellent education. They put the children’s educational well-being first and restructured around them. As Concordia emerges from this delicate process, it has positioned itself to grow, and on March 12, 2011, from 1 to 4 p.m., they are having an Open House to showcase the facility and staff. If you are considering a private school education for your child, I can tell you there is no comparison. My son has attended Concordia since Pre-K. He is now in fourth grade, and he is getting a top-notch education. ALL of his teachers have been outstanding. They care about each and every student, and they create the optimum learning environment. Do yourself and your child a favor and go to the Open House and find out for yourself.
From the Feb. 23-March 1, 2011, issue