- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Educational gold mine
Concordia Lutheran School in Machesney Park has one of the greatest reputations in the area for educational excellence. This small private school educates students from Pre-K through eighth grade. Concordia filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection last year due to a bad economy and a declining enrollment. Concordia’s leadership has since worked to balance its budget accordingly. Concordia amazingly reorganized without affecting its great tradition of excellent education. They put the children’s educational well-being first and restructured around them. As Concordia emerges from this delicate process, it has positioned itself to grow, and on March 12, 2011, from 1 to 4 p.m., they are having an Open House to showcase the facility and staff. If you are considering a private school education for your child, I can tell you there is no comparison. My son has attended Concordia since Pre-K. He is now in fourth grade, and he is getting a top-notch education. ALL of his teachers have been outstanding. They care about each and every student, and they create the optimum learning environment. Do yourself and your child a favor and go to the Open House and find out for yourself.
From the Feb. 23-March 1, 2011, issue