- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Lifescape Community Services offers caregiver support group & training
From press release
A six-week support group for family caregivers will be offered by Lifescape Community Services beginning Feb. 24. The sessions will be held Thursdays from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center, 4215 Newburg Road, Rockford.
More than 50 million Americans provide care for someone else, including spouses or other family members, neighbors and friends. These sessions will provide area caregivers with information and techniques for becoming more skilled in their caregiving role. Topics include caregiver wellness and mental health, terminology, and issues faced by caregivers, including decision making and preparing for future needs. There is no cost to attend.
Reserve your space by calling Cheryl Davis at Lifescape Community Services at (815) 963-1609. Walk-ins also are welcome.
From the Feb. 23-March 1, 2011, issue