- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Lifescape Community Services offers caregiver support group & training
From press release
A six-week support group for family caregivers will be offered by Lifescape Community Services beginning Feb. 24. The sessions will be held Thursdays from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center, 4215 Newburg Road, Rockford.
More than 50 million Americans provide care for someone else, including spouses or other family members, neighbors and friends. These sessions will provide area caregivers with information and techniques for becoming more skilled in their caregiving role. Topics include caregiver wellness and mental health, terminology, and issues faced by caregivers, including decision making and preparing for future needs. There is no cost to attend.
Reserve your space by calling Cheryl Davis at Lifescape Community Services at (815) 963-1609. Walk-ins also are welcome.
From the Feb. 23-March 1, 2011, issue