- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Lifescape Community Services offers caregiver support group & training
From press release
A six-week support group for family caregivers will be offered by Lifescape Community Services beginning Feb. 24. The sessions will be held Thursdays from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center, 4215 Newburg Road, Rockford.
More than 50 million Americans provide care for someone else, including spouses or other family members, neighbors and friends. These sessions will provide area caregivers with information and techniques for becoming more skilled in their caregiving role. Topics include caregiver wellness and mental health, terminology, and issues faced by caregivers, including decision making and preparing for future needs. There is no cost to attend.
Reserve your space by calling Cheryl Davis at Lifescape Community Services at (815) 963-1609. Walk-ins also are welcome.
From the Feb. 23-March 1, 2011, issue