- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
Lifescape Community Services offers caregiver support group & training
From press release
A six-week support group for family caregivers will be offered by Lifescape Community Services beginning Feb. 24. The sessions will be held Thursdays from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center, 4215 Newburg Road, Rockford.
More than 50 million Americans provide care for someone else, including spouses or other family members, neighbors and friends. These sessions will provide area caregivers with information and techniques for becoming more skilled in their caregiving role. Topics include caregiver wellness and mental health, terminology, and issues faced by caregivers, including decision making and preparing for future needs. There is no cost to attend.
Reserve your space by calling Cheryl Davis at Lifescape Community Services at (815) 963-1609. Walk-ins also are welcome.
From the Feb. 23-March 1, 2011, issue