- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Lifescape Community Services offers caregiver support group & training
From press release
A six-week support group for family caregivers will be offered by Lifescape Community Services beginning Feb. 24. The sessions will be held Thursdays from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center, 4215 Newburg Road, Rockford.
More than 50 million Americans provide care for someone else, including spouses or other family members, neighbors and friends. These sessions will provide area caregivers with information and techniques for becoming more skilled in their caregiving role. Topics include caregiver wellness and mental health, terminology, and issues faced by caregivers, including decision making and preparing for future needs. There is no cost to attend.
Reserve your space by calling Cheryl Davis at Lifescape Community Services at (815) 963-1609. Walk-ins also are welcome.
From the Feb. 23-March 1, 2011, issue