- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Re: Letter of Michael Cannariato/Reload Fox/Jan. 12-18, 2011
As a Hispanic patriot, I resent the letter written by the above-mentioned person, Michael Cannariato.
Our family has had sons in every war beginning with WWI, and we love America.
I am also a civil rights activist from the ‘60s, and I have marched and demonstrated with many other great Americans, including many of my priests of various churches in Cook County and DuPage County, and we marched and demonstrated for civil rights with ministers and rabbis.
If Mr. Cannariato watched the Sarah Palin shows, he would know that she is a true patriot of America and a good Christian who loves God and country.
Where is his proof of her being anything else but that?
True American patriots know that a lot of great people are shot by the maniacs of our society, and if he would read about these assassinations, he would know that they were usually white men who were weirdos of America, and that their hatred was not from words from any politician but merely a very sick mind.
And as a member of a Tea Party, I resent his accusations and ignorant remarks, for he does not know any member of the Tea Party organizations, for if he did, he would know that these are the cream of the crop—American patriots who love God and country.
Rep. Gabrielle [Giffords] is a victim of ignorance and mental sickness just as John and Robert Kennedy were, along with our Martin Luther King.
As for Fox News TV, it is a true American station whether on the TV or radio, and I do not believe Mr. Cannariato actually watches Fox News or hears it on the radio, for if he did, he would not be preaching hatred towards them, the tea partiers or Sarah Palin.
Mr. Cannariato, ignorance is not bliss, believe me.
Rhetoric does not kill people; only sick minds kill innocent people.
Shame on Mr. Cannariato for writing propaganda like the Communists like to use, for he only believes himself when he sprouts his seeds of hatred and ignorance.
I challenge Mr. Cannariato to prove his false allegations.
I do not think that Mr. Cannariato believes in a God, for if he did, he would not be so mean-spirited or false.
Mary Alvarado High
Follower of Jesus, the Jew
Civil Rights Activist
From the Feb. 23-March 1, 2011, issue