- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Tuskegee Airmen at Memorial Hall Feb. 26
From press release
Meet members of the Tuskegee Airmen from 1 to 4:30 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 26, at Veterans Memorial Hall, 211 N. Main St.
The Tuskegee Airmen were the first African-American military aviators in the United States armed forces, fighting in World War II. Formally, they were the 332nd Fighter Group and the 477th Bombardment Group of the U.S. Army Air Corps.
At 1:15 p.m., a documentary film titled Nightfighters will be shown. At 2:15 p.m., one or more Tuskegee Airmen will discuss their stories and memories, followed by an opportunity for autographs and photos. Tuskegee Airmen books and merchandise will also be available at the event.
For more information about the event, contact Veterans Memorial Hall at (815) 969-1999 or visit veteransmemorialhall.com.
From the Feb. 23-March 1, 2011, issue