- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Tuskegee Airmen at Memorial Hall Feb. 26
From press release
Meet members of the Tuskegee Airmen from 1 to 4:30 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 26, at Veterans Memorial Hall, 211 N. Main St.
The Tuskegee Airmen were the first African-American military aviators in the United States armed forces, fighting in World War II. Formally, they were the 332nd Fighter Group and the 477th Bombardment Group of the U.S. Army Air Corps.
At 1:15 p.m., a documentary film titled Nightfighters will be shown. At 2:15 p.m., one or more Tuskegee Airmen will discuss their stories and memories, followed by an opportunity for autographs and photos. Tuskegee Airmen books and merchandise will also be available at the event.
For more information about the event, contact Veterans Memorial Hall at (815) 969-1999 or visit veteransmemorialhall.com.
From the Feb. 23-March 1, 2011, issue