- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Tuskegee Airmen at Memorial Hall Feb. 26
From press release
Meet members of the Tuskegee Airmen from 1 to 4:30 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 26, at Veterans Memorial Hall, 211 N. Main St.
The Tuskegee Airmen were the first African-American military aviators in the United States armed forces, fighting in World War II. Formally, they were the 332nd Fighter Group and the 477th Bombardment Group of the U.S. Army Air Corps.
At 1:15 p.m., a documentary film titled Nightfighters will be shown. At 2:15 p.m., one or more Tuskegee Airmen will discuss their stories and memories, followed by an opportunity for autographs and photos. Tuskegee Airmen books and merchandise will also be available at the event.
For more information about the event, contact Veterans Memorial Hall at (815) 969-1999 or visit veteransmemorialhall.com.
From the Feb. 23-March 1, 2011, issue