- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Tuskegee Airmen at Memorial Hall Feb. 26
From press release
Meet members of the Tuskegee Airmen from 1 to 4:30 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 26, at Veterans Memorial Hall, 211 N. Main St.
The Tuskegee Airmen were the first African-American military aviators in the United States armed forces, fighting in World War II. Formally, they were the 332nd Fighter Group and the 477th Bombardment Group of the U.S. Army Air Corps.
At 1:15 p.m., a documentary film titled Nightfighters will be shown. At 2:15 p.m., one or more Tuskegee Airmen will discuss their stories and memories, followed by an opportunity for autographs and photos. Tuskegee Airmen books and merchandise will also be available at the event.
For more information about the event, contact Veterans Memorial Hall at (815) 969-1999 or visit veteransmemorialhall.com.
From the Feb. 23-March 1, 2011, issue