- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
Tuskegee Airmen at Memorial Hall Feb. 26
From press release
Meet members of the Tuskegee Airmen from 1 to 4:30 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 26, at Veterans Memorial Hall, 211 N. Main St.
The Tuskegee Airmen were the first African-American military aviators in the United States armed forces, fighting in World War II. Formally, they were the 332nd Fighter Group and the 477th Bombardment Group of the U.S. Army Air Corps.
At 1:15 p.m., a documentary film titled Nightfighters will be shown. At 2:15 p.m., one or more Tuskegee Airmen will discuss their stories and memories, followed by an opportunity for autographs and photos. Tuskegee Airmen books and merchandise will also be available at the event.
For more information about the event, contact Veterans Memorial Hall at (815) 969-1999 or visit veteransmemorialhall.com.
From the Feb. 23-March 1, 2011, issue