- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Welty Environmental Center celebrates receipt of gift
The Welty Environmental Center in Beloit, Wis., recently celebrated the receipt of $10,000 from the James E. Dutton Foundation. The money will be used for marketing and promotional purposes in support of its educational programs. Jan Knutson, president of the Friends of the Welty Environmental Center, and Lena Verkuilen, center director, thanked Jennifer Griffiths of Genencor, a Danisco Division, for their contribution to the $10,000 challenge grant. Thanks were also given to other contributors, including Dorothy E. Bigelow Foundation; Beloit Foundation; Brennan, Steils S.C.; Bryden Motors; J.P. Cullen and Sons, Finley-Dencker Motors; First National Bank; Hendricks Family Foundation; Kerry Ingredients; Klobucar Construction; and Regal Beloit. The Welty Center is an educational nature center, specialized in bringing people of all ages into contact with nature in ways that highlight human interaction with and dependence upon natural systems and their services. The center serves a seven-county region in the stateline area.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Feb. 23-March 1, 2011, issue