- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Community news and notes: Week of March 2-8, 2011
U.S. Rep. Don Manzullo (R-16) announced that Brandon H. Meeks of Poplar Grove, Ill., has received an appointment to the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Md. This May, Brandon will graduate from Belvidere North High School, where he is a member of the National Honor Society and ranked No. 1 in his class. He is a staff sergeant with the Illinois 331 Squadron with the Civil Air Patrol and recently earned his private pilot’s license. … Winter Construction of Freeport has added licensed architect Scott Winter to their construction management team. His new position as vice president of Design/Build Services will further enhance the company’s abilities to provide professional design and construction management services to their clients in northern Illinois. … Dickerson & Nieman Realtors is proud to announce that Realtor Diane Dowd has earned her GRI Designation. “The Graduate REALTOR Institute (GRI) symbol is the mark of a real professional who has made the commitment to provide a high level of professional services by securing a strong educational foundation.” … Valentine Insurance Services has joined the Trusted Choice brand movement, a national consumer brand that educates consumers about the benefits of using independent insurance agencies and brokerage firms for their insurance and financial services, announces Zak Valentine, agency manager. Trusted Choice agencies offer consumers a broad selection of insurance policies and financial services products, customized insurance coverages as well as advocacy support.
From the March 2-8, 2011, issue