- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Dance Company students perform in Wizard of Oz
From press release
Rockford Dance Company (RDC) students will perform as the Munchkins from the Merry Land of Oz in the national tour of The Wizard of Oz at the Coronado Performing Arts Center at 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, March 2.
Performing the roles of the Munchkins are 12 RDC students, many of them members of DanceReach. They are ages 8-12. They have been rehearsing under the direction of RDC’s school director and DanceReach director, Margaret Rennerfeldt, for the past three weeks. The performers are: Gretchen Stark, Veronica Ortega, Brianna Nied, Paige Schriner, Brenna Berns, Allison Smith, Christina Wu, Breeze Perez, Abigail Smith, Chloe Mesa, Zoe Doll and Elizabeth Montoya.
Tickets are available at the Coronado Box Office at (815) 968-0595 or online at www.coronadopac.org. Tickets are $56.50, $41.50 and $31.50, and children 12 and younger receive a $5 discount. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. Concessions will be available.
From the March 2-8, 2011, issue