- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
Dance Company students perform in Wizard of Oz
From press release
Rockford Dance Company (RDC) students will perform as the Munchkins from the Merry Land of Oz in the national tour of The Wizard of Oz at the Coronado Performing Arts Center at 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, March 2.
Performing the roles of the Munchkins are 12 RDC students, many of them members of DanceReach. They are ages 8-12. They have been rehearsing under the direction of RDC’s school director and DanceReach director, Margaret Rennerfeldt, for the past three weeks. The performers are: Gretchen Stark, Veronica Ortega, Brianna Nied, Paige Schriner, Brenna Berns, Allison Smith, Christina Wu, Breeze Perez, Abigail Smith, Chloe Mesa, Zoe Doll and Elizabeth Montoya.
Tickets are available at the Coronado Box Office at (815) 968-0595 or online at www.coronadopac.org. Tickets are $56.50, $41.50 and $31.50, and children 12 and younger receive a $5 discount. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. Concessions will be available.
From the March 2-8, 2011, issue