- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Dance Company students perform in Wizard of Oz
From press release
Rockford Dance Company (RDC) students will perform as the Munchkins from the Merry Land of Oz in the national tour of The Wizard of Oz at the Coronado Performing Arts Center at 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, March 2.
Performing the roles of the Munchkins are 12 RDC students, many of them members of DanceReach. They are ages 8-12. They have been rehearsing under the direction of RDC’s school director and DanceReach director, Margaret Rennerfeldt, for the past three weeks. The performers are: Gretchen Stark, Veronica Ortega, Brianna Nied, Paige Schriner, Brenna Berns, Allison Smith, Christina Wu, Breeze Perez, Abigail Smith, Chloe Mesa, Zoe Doll and Elizabeth Montoya.
Tickets are available at the Coronado Box Office at (815) 968-0595 or online at www.coronadopac.org. Tickets are $56.50, $41.50 and $31.50, and children 12 and younger receive a $5 discount. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. Concessions will be available.
From the March 2-8, 2011, issue