- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Eight bands advance in RAMI Youth Charity Jam competition
Escape performs at the auditions for the Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) Awards’ Youth Charity Jam Feb. 26 at Tebala Shrine Temple, 7910 Newburg Road. The eight bands that advanced to the Saturday, March 26, Youth Charity Jam were Escape, Daybreak, Girl of Vulpes Marina, Bloom, The Morning After, Spiraling Upwards, The Sasparillas and East Lincoln Avenue. Others competing in the auditions were Bound In Sanity, For the Night, Upstate’s Finest, Tyler Lundstrom, The Uprising and Prepare for Glory. The Youth Charity Jam will be at Tebala Shrine Temple. Doors open at 6 p.m., bands begin at 7 p.m. Tickets are $5 in advance, $7 at the door. First place will receive $250, 10 hours of recording time from Darkhouse Productions and an invitation to perform at the 20th Annual RAMI Awards Ceremony Friday, April 29; second place $200; and third place $150. The band selling the most tickets to the Youth Charity Jam will receive $100.
From the March 2-8, 2011, issue