- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
Eight bands advance in RAMI Youth Charity Jam competition
Escape performs at the auditions for the Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) Awards’ Youth Charity Jam Feb. 26 at Tebala Shrine Temple, 7910 Newburg Road. The eight bands that advanced to the Saturday, March 26, Youth Charity Jam were Escape, Daybreak, Girl of Vulpes Marina, Bloom, The Morning After, Spiraling Upwards, The Sasparillas and East Lincoln Avenue. Others competing in the auditions were Bound In Sanity, For the Night, Upstate’s Finest, Tyler Lundstrom, The Uprising and Prepare for Glory. The Youth Charity Jam will be at Tebala Shrine Temple. Doors open at 6 p.m., bands begin at 7 p.m. Tickets are $5 in advance, $7 at the door. First place will receive $250, 10 hours of recording time from Darkhouse Productions and an invitation to perform at the 20th Annual RAMI Awards Ceremony Friday, April 29; second place $200; and third place $150. The band selling the most tickets to the Youth Charity Jam will receive $100.
From the March 2-8, 2011, issue