- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
IceHogs finally right ship with three straight wins
By Doug Halberstadt
The last couple of weeks have been pretty rough going for the Rockford IceHogs. Collecting only two wins heading into this past weekend, Rockford needed to right the ship. That’s exactly what they did.
Sunday, Feb. 27, they picked up their third straight win by defeating the Houston Aeros 3-2 at the Toyota Center. This is only their second three-game winning streak of the season. Friday night, Feb. 25, they picked up a road win against the Peoria Rivermen and followed that up with a Saturday night (Feb. 26) home win against the Milwaukee Admirals. Sunday’s road win marked the first of seven straight games away from the MetroCentre.
The ’Hogs take on the Aeros again tonight (Wednesday, March 2) before a two-game weekend series against the Lake Erie Monsters. The road trip continues north of the border next week with games against Toronto Tuesday (March 8) and then on to Hamilton the following night.
They wrap up the business trip with a game against the Admirals Friday night, March 11.
The ’Hogs won’t return to Rockford until Sunday, March 13, when they face their in-state rivals from Chicago, the Wolves. Puck drop is at 4:05 p.m. It’s the IceHogs’ 12th Annual Jersey Auction game. The Hogs will be wearing special jerseys commemorating first responders. After the game, the jerseys will be auctioned off to fans. Also, the first 2,500 fans to the game will receive a Jersey Auction T-Shirt, compliments of WXRX.
For tickets to any upcoming home game, call the Rockford IceHogs’ business office at (815) 986-6465 or the MetroCentre Box Office at (815) 968-5222.
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
From the March 2-8, 2011, issue