- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
OSF opens clinic at east-side Walmart
From press release
“The Clinic at Walmart,” operated by OSF Medical Group, opened March 1 inside the Walmart at 1490 Walton St., just off East State Street.
The clinic will provide access to basic health care services, seven days a week, with no appointment necessary. The walk-in health clinic is the first to be owned and operated by OSF Medical Group in a northern Illinois Walmart. The clinic will be open for walk-in care 8 a.m.-8 p.m.,Monday-Friday; 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Saturday; and 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday.
For customers who need care, especially after working hours or on weekends, the clinic will treat common health ailments and offer routine services. These include, but are not limited to, the flu, blood sugar testing, school physicals, sinus infections, earaches, insect bites and stings, minor wounds, bladder infections, common vaccinations and upper respiratory infections.
In addition to the new OSF Medical Group Clinic at Walmart, the Rockford-area OSF Medical Group has more than 40 doctors and mid-level providers in 11 locations throughout Rockford and many surrounding communities, including Belvidere, Cherry Valley, Marengo and Poplar Grove.
With the opening of this clinic, there will be 98 in-store clinics in Walmart stores across 22 states. For further information about “The Clinic at Walmart,” visit www.walmart.com/clinics.
From the March 2-8, 2011, issue