- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
OSF opens clinic at east-side Walmart
From press release
“The Clinic at Walmart,” operated by OSF Medical Group, opened March 1 inside the Walmart at 1490 Walton St., just off East State Street.
The clinic will provide access to basic health care services, seven days a week, with no appointment necessary. The walk-in health clinic is the first to be owned and operated by OSF Medical Group in a northern Illinois Walmart. The clinic will be open for walk-in care 8 a.m.-8 p.m.,Monday-Friday; 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Saturday; and 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday.
For customers who need care, especially after working hours or on weekends, the clinic will treat common health ailments and offer routine services. These include, but are not limited to, the flu, blood sugar testing, school physicals, sinus infections, earaches, insect bites and stings, minor wounds, bladder infections, common vaccinations and upper respiratory infections.
In addition to the new OSF Medical Group Clinic at Walmart, the Rockford-area OSF Medical Group has more than 40 doctors and mid-level providers in 11 locations throughout Rockford and many surrounding communities, including Belvidere, Cherry Valley, Marengo and Poplar Grove.
With the opening of this clinic, there will be 98 in-store clinics in Walmart stores across 22 states. For further information about “The Clinic at Walmart,” visit www.walmart.com/clinics.
From the March 2-8, 2011, issue