- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Outdoor adventurer, filmmaker Jon Bowermaster at Memorial Hall
From press release
Veterans Memorial Hall along with Paddle and Trail are pleased to bring outdoor adventurer, filmmaker and writer Jon Bowermaster to Rockford. He will give a free presentation and screening of his latest film, SoLa, Louisiana Water Stories, at 7 p.m., Friday, March 4, at Veterans Memorial Hall, 211 N. Main St., Rockford.
Jon Bowermaster is a six-time grantee of the National Geographic Expeditions Council, and award-winning writer and filmmaker. His recently-concluded OCEANS 8 project took him and his teams around the world by sea kayak during the past 10 years, on expeditions ranging from the Aleutian Islands to Vietnam, French Polynesia to Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Gabon, to Croatia and Tasmania to Antarctica. Seeing the world from the seat of a sea kayak has given Bowermaster a one-of-a-kind look at both the health of the planet’s ocean and the lives of the nearly 3 billion people around the globe who depend on them. An eight-part film series documenting the OCEANS 8 project has shown in 150 countries on the National Geographic Channel. His most recent documentaries are Terra Antarctica, Rediscovering the Seventh Continent, What Would Darwin Think?, Man vs. Nature in the Galapagos and SoLa, Louisiana Water Stories.
Jon Bowermaster attended school in Rockford, but now resides in New York’s Hudson Valley when he’s not off exploring the world. More information about Jon Bowermaster can be found at ionbowermaster.com.
From the March 2-8, 2011, issue