- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Outdoor adventurer, filmmaker Jon Bowermaster at Memorial Hall
From press release
Veterans Memorial Hall along with Paddle and Trail are pleased to bring outdoor adventurer, filmmaker and writer Jon Bowermaster to Rockford. He will give a free presentation and screening of his latest film, SoLa, Louisiana Water Stories, at 7 p.m., Friday, March 4, at Veterans Memorial Hall, 211 N. Main St., Rockford.
Jon Bowermaster is a six-time grantee of the National Geographic Expeditions Council, and award-winning writer and filmmaker. His recently-concluded OCEANS 8 project took him and his teams around the world by sea kayak during the past 10 years, on expeditions ranging from the Aleutian Islands to Vietnam, French Polynesia to Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Gabon, to Croatia and Tasmania to Antarctica. Seeing the world from the seat of a sea kayak has given Bowermaster a one-of-a-kind look at both the health of the planet’s ocean and the lives of the nearly 3 billion people around the globe who depend on them. An eight-part film series documenting the OCEANS 8 project has shown in 150 countries on the National Geographic Channel. His most recent documentaries are Terra Antarctica, Rediscovering the Seventh Continent, What Would Darwin Think?, Man vs. Nature in the Galapagos and SoLa, Louisiana Water Stories.
Jon Bowermaster attended school in Rockford, but now resides in New York’s Hudson Valley when he’s not off exploring the world. More information about Jon Bowermaster can be found at ionbowermaster.com.
From the March 2-8, 2011, issue