- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Rock Valley stages The Vagina Monologues
From press release
Rock Valley College (RVC) will present a two-night and one-day matinee-only benefit reading of Eve Ensler’s award-winning play The Vagina Monologues to kick-off this year’s Women’s History Month.
All performances will be on the RVC main campus (3301 N. Mulford Road) in the Student Center Atrium on the following dates: Thursday, March 3, at 7 p.m.; Friday, March 4, at 7 p.m.; and Saturday, March 5, at 11:30 a.m.
All tickets are $5 per seat and may be purchased at all three of these RVC locations: Main Campus in the Student Center at the Information Desk (3301 N. Mulford Road), 815-921-4250; Stenstrom Center for Career Education in the Student Development office (4151 Samuelson Road), 815-921-4146; and Learning and Opportunity Center at the Student Intake desk (308 W. State St., Suite 250), 815-921-4290.
Last year, more than 5,400 V-Day benefits were held around the world raising funds and awareness toward ending violence against women. These highly-successful events raised more than $4 million through performance of The Vagina Monologues, readings from V-Day’s A Memory, A Monologue, A Rant and A Prayer and Any One Of Us: Words From Prison and screenings of V-Day’s documentary Until The Violence Stops. RVC has joined this global movement as part of the V-Day 2011 RVC Campaign.
All proceeds will be donated to Rockford Sexual Assault Counseling, Inc.
From the March 2-8, 2011, issue