- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
The enormous betrayal
I know that peace can be considered a good thing. But when did any peace treaty last for very long? One simple word: never! Our President Barack Obama hastily signed the Lisbon Treaty. But what will it take for us Americans to wake up? Nothing, because America is so busy into escapism (ducking any true facts). We watch easily too much television (the boob tube). They swill down their booze, watching sports. Americans are dependent upon prescriptions and non-prescription drugs (the illicit ones). We drive somewhere, even if it’s one mile, because we are in such a hurry, wanting to get back to our idiot boxes (televisions).
But we are so busy with being entertained that our president could be a Benedict Arnold! But why do I believe it? Because our president (Barack Hussein Obama) had built his wannabe platform around the betrayals of President G. W. Bush. And after Senator Obama became President Barack Obama, did he, as promised (for a better change) end the war in the Middle East? No way! Did our new president change President Bush’s privatized insurance (Medicare Part D) for the poor? Yes, but now the Republicans are calling it “ObamaCare”!
But does President Obama care? Not in the slightest. Because earlier this year, he had hastily signed the Lisbon Treaty! These people are nothing less than schizophrenic, evil Communists!
Philip J. Wilson
From the March 2-8, 2011, issue