- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
Benefit for Haylie Howe, brain disease victim, April 2
From press release
St. Andrew Lutheran Church will host a benefit for Haylie Howe, a 4-year-old who suffers from Vein of Galen Malformation, a very rare brain abnormality where capillaries are not present in this vein. Left untreated, children with this malformation typically go into cardiac arrest as the flow of blood is too fast and overworks the heart. The benefit is a fund-raiser to help cover Haylie’s medical, travel and accommodations, as she has to travel to New York for specialized treatment.
The benefit consists of a spaghetti dinner along with a silent auction and gift basket drawing that will be held from 4:30-7 p.m., Saturday, April 2. Location is St. Andrew Lutheran Church, 511 W. Rockton Road in Rockton. If you would like to make a monetary donation, please send your check to the above address to the Attention of the Haylie Howe Benefit.
For more information, contact Jim O’Brien at (815)289-0763 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the March 9-15, 2011, issue