- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Benefit for Haylie Howe, brain disease victim, April 2
From press release
St. Andrew Lutheran Church will host a benefit for Haylie Howe, a 4-year-old who suffers from Vein of Galen Malformation, a very rare brain abnormality where capillaries are not present in this vein. Left untreated, children with this malformation typically go into cardiac arrest as the flow of blood is too fast and overworks the heart. The benefit is a fund-raiser to help cover Haylie’s medical, travel and accommodations, as she has to travel to New York for specialized treatment.
The benefit consists of a spaghetti dinner along with a silent auction and gift basket drawing that will be held from 4:30-7 p.m., Saturday, April 2. Location is St. Andrew Lutheran Church, 511 W. Rockton Road in Rockton. If you would like to make a monetary donation, please send your check to the above address to the Attention of the Haylie Howe Benefit.
For more information, contact Jim O’Brien at (815)289-0763 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the March 9-15, 2011, issue