- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Chicago Bears players to appear at Park District Training Camp
From press release
The Eighth Annual Rockford Football Training Camp is scheduled for 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday, May 14, at Rockford’s Auburn High School Stadium, 5110 Auburn St. (stadium doors open at 8:15 a.m.). Guest speakers/instructors at the camp will be Johnny Knox, D.J. Moore, 1985 Super Bowl Champions player Otis Wilson of the Chicago Bears, and mascot Staley Da Bear. At the one-day camp, boys and girls ages 5-18 will learn football skills and techniques from coaching staff led by NFL Youth Football staff, meet the pros, and participate in a kicking demonstration with former Boylan High School and current University of Illinois kicker Derek Dimke.
Those who register early for the camp during the free Youth Sports Open House from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., March 19 at Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win a football autographed by Knox. Registrations will also be taken at the open house for the NFL Flag Football Rockford summer program.
Fees for the May 14 camp are $50 per participant ($55 non-resident) if registered by April 18, and $60 ($65 non-resident) after April 18; the fee includes a T-shirt, an energy snack, drink, and autograph of Chicago Bears players. VIP tickets are also available for fans and non-participants ages 3 and older for $50 per person if purchased by April 18, and $60 after April 18; VIP tickets include one autograph, food, soda and prize giveaways. Online registration is also available now at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now). For more information, call (815) 987-8800 or e-mail email@example.com.
For more information, contact Lamont Jones, youth sports manager, at (815) 962-7469 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the March 9-15, 2011, issue