- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Free Family Arts Festival March 13 at Riverfront Museum Park
From press release
Rockford Area Arts Council will present a free Family Arts Festival from 1 to 3 p.m., Sunday, March 13, at Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford.
Join the Arts Council for a fun and informative afternoon of art, music and dance performances by area students and a variety of arts and cultural organizations. Enjoy art exhibitions and demonstrations, and create your own work of art to take home.
Dance performances and demonstrations will be offered by the McNulty Irish Dancers and Auburn, Jefferson and Haskell Hip Hop; an Instrument Petting Zoo presented by Guzzardo Music; and a hands-on recycled art project by Estaban Perez. An Embry-Riddle Art Exhibit will feature works from Circles of Learning, Conklin, Ellis, Jefferson, Walker, Riverdahl, Rosecrance and Spectrum schools, and a student art exhibit by Swan Hillman School.
The Rockford Area Arts Council’s Mayor’s Art Award for “Star Educator” and “Exceptional Student” will be presented during the Family Arts Festival at 2 p.m. in Kresge Hall at Riverfront Museum Park.
For more about the Rockford Area Arts Council, visit www.artsforeveryone.com.
From the March 9-15, 2011, issue