- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Free Family Arts Festival March 13 at Riverfront Museum Park
From press release
Rockford Area Arts Council will present a free Family Arts Festival from 1 to 3 p.m., Sunday, March 13, at Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford.
Join the Arts Council for a fun and informative afternoon of art, music and dance performances by area students and a variety of arts and cultural organizations. Enjoy art exhibitions and demonstrations, and create your own work of art to take home.
Dance performances and demonstrations will be offered by the McNulty Irish Dancers and Auburn, Jefferson and Haskell Hip Hop; an Instrument Petting Zoo presented by Guzzardo Music; and a hands-on recycled art project by Estaban Perez. An Embry-Riddle Art Exhibit will feature works from Circles of Learning, Conklin, Ellis, Jefferson, Walker, Riverdahl, Rosecrance and Spectrum schools, and a student art exhibit by Swan Hillman School.
The Rockford Area Arts Council’s Mayor’s Art Award for “Star Educator” and “Exceptional Student” will be presented during the Family Arts Festival at 2 p.m. in Kresge Hall at Riverfront Museum Park.
For more about the Rockford Area Arts Council, visit www.artsforeveryone.com.
From the March 9-15, 2011, issue