- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
Free Family Arts Festival March 13 at Riverfront Museum Park
From press release
Rockford Area Arts Council will present a free Family Arts Festival from 1 to 3 p.m., Sunday, March 13, at Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford.
Join the Arts Council for a fun and informative afternoon of art, music and dance performances by area students and a variety of arts and cultural organizations. Enjoy art exhibitions and demonstrations, and create your own work of art to take home.
Dance performances and demonstrations will be offered by the McNulty Irish Dancers and Auburn, Jefferson and Haskell Hip Hop; an Instrument Petting Zoo presented by Guzzardo Music; and a hands-on recycled art project by Estaban Perez. An Embry-Riddle Art Exhibit will feature works from Circles of Learning, Conklin, Ellis, Jefferson, Walker, Riverdahl, Rosecrance and Spectrum schools, and a student art exhibit by Swan Hillman School.
The Rockford Area Arts Council’s Mayor’s Art Award for “Star Educator” and “Exceptional Student” will be presented during the Family Arts Festival at 2 p.m. in Kresge Hall at Riverfront Museum Park.
For more about the Rockford Area Arts Council, visit www.artsforeveryone.com.
From the March 9-15, 2011, issue