- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Mallon signs to play football at Valparaiso
By Matt Nestor
Senior Matt Mallon has certainly left his mark on the East E-Rabs program.
The three-sport star has seen the revival of the school’s basketball program and helped get their football program going toward the same direction.
Now, Mallon is looking to take his hard work to the next level, signing with FCS and Pioneer Football League member Valparaiso University, where he will join Head Coach Dale Carlson’s Crusaders squad.
Mallon signed his national letter of intent and will be attending the school on an academic scholarship. Mallon plans on studying chemistry at Valparaiso.
“Valparaiso University seems to be a good fit for Matthew,” East Athletic Director Michael Armato said in a press release. “This is an exciting time for Matthew.”
Carlson and Defensive Coordinator Robert Lee will be looking toward Mallon to help rebuild their football program. He joins a Crusaders program that did not win a game last season and defense that gave up nearly 50 points a game.
From the March 9-15, 2011, issue