- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Pause and Affect artist Joan Truckenbrod at Art Talks March 11
By Sarah Bursley McNamara
Community Relations Coordinator, Rockford Art Museum
Joan Truckenbrod, a digital art pioneer renowned for her cutting-edge installations, presents the second Art Talks lecture of the year, “Transformative Spirits,” Friday, March 11, at Rockford Art Museum (RAM).
Based in Chicago, Truckenbrod has been featured in solo and group exhibitions around the world. Learn more about the artist at www.joantruckenbrod.com.
Art Talks lectures are presented at noon in the theater inside Riverfront Museum Park for the Arts and Sciences, which houses Rockford Art Museum, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Cost per lecture, at door: $10 adults ($8 seniors and students).
2011 Art Talks
Annually presented by Women’s Art Board of RAM, this three-part series features lectures by notable artists and regional educators that relate to current exhibitions. The 2011 series features both exhibiting artists from Pause and Affect: Gregory Scott and Joan Truckenbrod (on display through April 23), plus an examination of Chagall and his newly-restored stained glass America Windows, by local art professor Lynn Fischer-Carlson April 8.
For more information about the Art Talks series, call RAM at (815) 968-2787 or log on to www.rockfordartmuseum.org.
From the March 9-15, 2011, issue