- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Response to Mr. George L. Schrum: Entitlements and deficits
Don’t you want the best doctor in the world to be there when you need him? If you do, I guess you will have to have a medical emergency Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., forget weekends because that overpaid, underworked doctor will probably be at the country club, after driving there in his Cadillac, or if he is really rich, his chauffeur will drive him there and caddy for him.
In response to Warren Buffett paying the same percentage as the “underpaid” guy making $40,000, I thought this is what you Demon-Crats wanted—everyone equal. Redistribute the wealth. Remember “Change.”
In response to the generals not telling Obama when to leave Afghanistan, the last time I looked, the President of the United States was Commander-in-Chief of all divisions of the military. Of course, Obama has never made a decision that he couldn’t blame someone else for; he doesn’t like the military or, in fact, the United States.
Can you imagine what would happen to the United States if Obama brought all American troops home? Why would we need embassies?
I would rather the Leader of the World (until Obama gives it away) be the Lone Ranger than Karl Marx, or Lenin or Hitler or Chicken Little. Wouldn’t you?
James C. Davis
From the March 9-15, 2011, issue