- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Response to Mr. George L. Schrum: Entitlements and deficits
Don’t you want the best doctor in the world to be there when you need him? If you do, I guess you will have to have a medical emergency Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., forget weekends because that overpaid, underworked doctor will probably be at the country club, after driving there in his Cadillac, or if he is really rich, his chauffeur will drive him there and caddy for him.
In response to Warren Buffett paying the same percentage as the “underpaid” guy making $40,000, I thought this is what you Demon-Crats wanted—everyone equal. Redistribute the wealth. Remember “Change.”
In response to the generals not telling Obama when to leave Afghanistan, the last time I looked, the President of the United States was Commander-in-Chief of all divisions of the military. Of course, Obama has never made a decision that he couldn’t blame someone else for; he doesn’t like the military or, in fact, the United States.
Can you imagine what would happen to the United States if Obama brought all American troops home? Why would we need embassies?
I would rather the Leader of the World (until Obama gives it away) be the Lone Ranger than Karl Marx, or Lenin or Hitler or Chicken Little. Wouldn’t you?
James C. Davis
From the March 9-15, 2011, issue