- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Response to Mr. George L. Schrum: Entitlements and deficits
Don’t you want the best doctor in the world to be there when you need him? If you do, I guess you will have to have a medical emergency Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., forget weekends because that overpaid, underworked doctor will probably be at the country club, after driving there in his Cadillac, or if he is really rich, his chauffeur will drive him there and caddy for him.
In response to Warren Buffett paying the same percentage as the “underpaid” guy making $40,000, I thought this is what you Demon-Crats wanted—everyone equal. Redistribute the wealth. Remember “Change.”
In response to the generals not telling Obama when to leave Afghanistan, the last time I looked, the President of the United States was Commander-in-Chief of all divisions of the military. Of course, Obama has never made a decision that he couldn’t blame someone else for; he doesn’t like the military or, in fact, the United States.
Can you imagine what would happen to the United States if Obama brought all American troops home? Why would we need embassies?
I would rather the Leader of the World (until Obama gives it away) be the Lone Ranger than Karl Marx, or Lenin or Hitler or Chicken Little. Wouldn’t you?
James C. Davis
From the March 9-15, 2011, issue