- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Response to Mr. George L. Schrum: Entitlements and deficits
Don’t you want the best doctor in the world to be there when you need him? If you do, I guess you will have to have a medical emergency Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., forget weekends because that overpaid, underworked doctor will probably be at the country club, after driving there in his Cadillac, or if he is really rich, his chauffeur will drive him there and caddy for him.
In response to Warren Buffett paying the same percentage as the “underpaid” guy making $40,000, I thought this is what you Demon-Crats wanted—everyone equal. Redistribute the wealth. Remember “Change.”
In response to the generals not telling Obama when to leave Afghanistan, the last time I looked, the President of the United States was Commander-in-Chief of all divisions of the military. Of course, Obama has never made a decision that he couldn’t blame someone else for; he doesn’t like the military or, in fact, the United States.
Can you imagine what would happen to the United States if Obama brought all American troops home? Why would we need embassies?
I would rather the Leader of the World (until Obama gives it away) be the Lone Ranger than Karl Marx, or Lenin or Hitler or Chicken Little. Wouldn’t you?
James C. Davis
From the March 9-15, 2011, issue