- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Response to Mr. George L. Schrum: Entitlements and deficits
Don’t you want the best doctor in the world to be there when you need him? If you do, I guess you will have to have a medical emergency Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., forget weekends because that overpaid, underworked doctor will probably be at the country club, after driving there in his Cadillac, or if he is really rich, his chauffeur will drive him there and caddy for him.
In response to Warren Buffett paying the same percentage as the “underpaid” guy making $40,000, I thought this is what you Demon-Crats wanted—everyone equal. Redistribute the wealth. Remember “Change.”
In response to the generals not telling Obama when to leave Afghanistan, the last time I looked, the President of the United States was Commander-in-Chief of all divisions of the military. Of course, Obama has never made a decision that he couldn’t blame someone else for; he doesn’t like the military or, in fact, the United States.
Can you imagine what would happen to the United States if Obama brought all American troops home? Why would we need embassies?
I would rather the Leader of the World (until Obama gives it away) be the Lone Ranger than Karl Marx, or Lenin or Hitler or Chicken Little. Wouldn’t you?
James C. Davis
From the March 9-15, 2011, issue