- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Rockford Police Department unveils new communication tools
• Web-based form and new brochure encourages citizens to report accolades and complaints
From press release
Deputy Chief of Professional Standards Dave Hopkins shared with Rockford City Council members a new web tool that will allow Rockford citizens to report “accolades and complaints” via an electronic form. The improved reporting system is part of the upgrade to the city’s website (www.rockfordil.gov) and is designed to allow users greater flexibility, confidentiality and comfort in reporting concerns or compliments to the Rockford Police Department Office of Professional Standards.
“The Rockford Police Department is dedicated to providing the best possible police service to all citizens, and we are continually looking for ways to build stronger relationships with our community,” Hopkins said to council members. “We realize that it can be intimidating for people to come into a police station to fill out a complaint; we wanted to make that process easier. At the same time, we wanted to offer our citizens the opportunity to tell us about the positive situations and interactions they have had with our police officers,” he explained.
In addition to the electronic form on the city’s website, the Rockford Police Department has updated the community relations form. The brochure provides information about how a citizen may compliment or complain about a particular interaction. There are also contact numbers and an e-mail address listed in the brochure.
The new brochure and the updated reporting form emphasize the Department’s focus on breaking down barriers and welcoming information regarding interactions between citizens and the Rockford Police Department. The community relations brochure is located on the Rockford Police Department’s front web page.
The funding for these brochures was a Department of Justice Assistance Grant.
From the March 9-15, 2011, issue