- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Yoga studio holds grand opening March 12
From press release
Long-time Rockford resident, personal fitness trainer and yoga instructor Tamara Bogard will host the grand opening of her personal training and yoga studio in the downtown River District from 1 to 4 p.m., Saturday, March 12. Namaste Studios is at 223 E. State St., Upper 1, Rockford.
Bogard has been a personal fitness trainer since 1991 and a yoga instructor since 2003. Instructing from various locations around Rockford, she felt it was time to open her own studio.
Employed as a personal trainer at the YMCA of Rock River Valley for just short of 20 years, and certified by the American Council on Exercise as a Personal Fitness Trainer for 14 years, Bogard is passionate about helping others.
Her husband, Bennie, who is in the process of certification in reflexology, joins Tamara. Bennie studied with Sue Watson of Healthy Soles School of Relexology. He will be offering reflexology services from the studio.
Tamara is in the process of being certified as an acupressurist by the Jin Shin Do Foundation. She will offer acupressure services from the studio after this process is complete.
Tamara’s yoga teachers are MaryBeth Robertson and Joan Hurd, previous owners of Pranayama Yoga Studio.
Namaste Studios is a division of Spotlight Fitness, Ltd., an online personal training resource for performers who tour.
Namaste Studios functions as a resource for Spotlight Fitness, Ltd., and serves the Rockford community.
From the March 9-15, 2011, issue