- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Annual Lincoln Day Dinner set for March 18
• Celebrating 100 years of Ronald Reagan
From press release
Friday, March 18, Republicans from the northern Illinois region will gather at the Clock Tower Resort and Convention Center, 7801 E. State St., Rockford, for a 6 p.m. social hour followed by a 7 p.m. dinner. The Vince Chiarelli Band will be featured during the social hour.
Highlights of this year’s annual Lincoln Day Dinner include a special recognition of Ronald Reagan’s 100th birthday, and two speakers with timely political messages. Patrick Hughes, former candidate for U.S. Senate, will talk about “Fulfilling the American Promise in 2012 and Beyond,” while Dan Proft, former candidate for Illinois governor, will discuss “How to Get the Representation We Desire in Illinois.” There will also be a “Washington Update” given by Congressman Don Manzullo’s office.
Help celebrate a tradition of fellowship and camaraderie. Tickets are $40 per person and may be purchased by calling Republican Headquarters at (815) 387-2874, or visiting www.wcrcc.com.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue