- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Annual Lincoln Day Dinner set for March 18
• Celebrating 100 years of Ronald Reagan
From press release
Friday, March 18, Republicans from the northern Illinois region will gather at the Clock Tower Resort and Convention Center, 7801 E. State St., Rockford, for a 6 p.m. social hour followed by a 7 p.m. dinner. The Vince Chiarelli Band will be featured during the social hour.
Highlights of this year’s annual Lincoln Day Dinner include a special recognition of Ronald Reagan’s 100th birthday, and two speakers with timely political messages. Patrick Hughes, former candidate for U.S. Senate, will talk about “Fulfilling the American Promise in 2012 and Beyond,” while Dan Proft, former candidate for Illinois governor, will discuss “How to Get the Representation We Desire in Illinois.” There will also be a “Washington Update” given by Congressman Don Manzullo’s office.
Help celebrate a tradition of fellowship and camaraderie. Tickets are $40 per person and may be purchased by calling Republican Headquarters at (815) 387-2874, or visiting www.wcrcc.com.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue