- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Annual Lincoln Day Dinner set for March 18
• Celebrating 100 years of Ronald Reagan
From press release
Friday, March 18, Republicans from the northern Illinois region will gather at the Clock Tower Resort and Convention Center, 7801 E. State St., Rockford, for a 6 p.m. social hour followed by a 7 p.m. dinner. The Vince Chiarelli Band will be featured during the social hour.
Highlights of this year’s annual Lincoln Day Dinner include a special recognition of Ronald Reagan’s 100th birthday, and two speakers with timely political messages. Patrick Hughes, former candidate for U.S. Senate, will talk about “Fulfilling the American Promise in 2012 and Beyond,” while Dan Proft, former candidate for Illinois governor, will discuss “How to Get the Representation We Desire in Illinois.” There will also be a “Washington Update” given by Congressman Don Manzullo’s office.
Help celebrate a tradition of fellowship and camaraderie. Tickets are $40 per person and may be purchased by calling Republican Headquarters at (815) 387-2874, or visiting www.wcrcc.com.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue