- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Annual Lincoln Day Dinner set for March 18
• Celebrating 100 years of Ronald Reagan
From press release
Friday, March 18, Republicans from the northern Illinois region will gather at the Clock Tower Resort and Convention Center, 7801 E. State St., Rockford, for a 6 p.m. social hour followed by a 7 p.m. dinner. The Vince Chiarelli Band will be featured during the social hour.
Highlights of this year’s annual Lincoln Day Dinner include a special recognition of Ronald Reagan’s 100th birthday, and two speakers with timely political messages. Patrick Hughes, former candidate for U.S. Senate, will talk about “Fulfilling the American Promise in 2012 and Beyond,” while Dan Proft, former candidate for Illinois governor, will discuss “How to Get the Representation We Desire in Illinois.” There will also be a “Washington Update” given by Congressman Don Manzullo’s office.
Help celebrate a tradition of fellowship and camaraderie. Tickets are $40 per person and may be purchased by calling Republican Headquarters at (815) 387-2874, or visiting www.wcrcc.com.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue