- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Auburn senior wins Siemens Foundation award
Jeffrey Wang, a senior at Auburn High School, and Krystle Leung, a senior at Naperville Central High School, were named the Illinois state winners of the 2010 Siemens Awards for Advanced Placement, a signature program of the Siemens Foundation administered by the College Board. The awards recognize up to 100 of America’s top achievers in Advanced Placement Program science and mathematics courses with a $2,000 college scholarship to one male and one female student in each state.
From the March 16-22, 2011, issue